As evident from the name, DRE lets you expand your smartphone’s RAM virtually by using its internal storage. On the Narzo 30 5G, you can head to the Settings > About phone > RAM menu and add up to 2GB, 3GB, or 5GB of RAM virtually to the smartphone, but since we haven’t received the new build on our unit yet, we can’t confirm how much RAM the X7 Max 5G users will be able to add virtually with the latest update.
That said, in addition to RAM expansion, the new update brings the June 2021 Android security patch to the X7 Max 5G with a bunch of optimizations and bug fixes. You can check out the update’s changelog below for more details.
- Integrates the June 2021 Android security patch.
- Adds the dynamic RAM expansion feature.
- Optimizes system performance and improves system stability.
- Reduces the power consumption in some scenarios.
- Fixes an issue where third-party apps would automatically launch after you use Deep cleanup.
- Fixes an issue where you might accidentally receive a notification saying that your network speed is restricted.
- Optimizes the network for a better user experience.
- Optimizes the sharpness of photos taken outdoor using the rear camera.
- Fixes a flickering issue that would occasionally occur when you take photos or shoot videos.
The new firmware for the X7 Max 5G comes with version number RMX3031_11_A.16 and is currently seeding in India, but we believe only a limited number of users will receive it right now, and a broader rollout will commence in a few days if no bugs are found.